LJ Group of Institutes is managed by Lok Jagruti Kendra (LJK), a Charitable Trust and a Registered Society established in1980 by eminent academicians and visionaries like Prof. B.M. Peerzada, former Dean of Commerce Faculty, Gujarat University, Padma Bhushan Lord Meghnad Desai (London School of Economics), Prof. Gautam Appa (LSE), Late Prof. M.S. Trivedi, former Vice Chancellor, South Gujarat University, renowned jurist Late Shri Girishbhai Patel and Shri Subodhbhai Shah. It was envisioned as “a key player in education and social development by promoting and nurturing creativity, scholarship, innovation and excellence through a chain of quality institutes.” LJK’s mission has been “to establish and manage institutions with an environment in which new ideas, delivery strategies and scholarship flourish and from where leaders and innovators of tomorrow shall emerge.”
LJK runs 27 institutions on two well-developed environment-friendly campuses with dedicated buildings and infrastructure facilities, and offering various diploma, undergraduate and postgraduate programmes duly approved by respective apex bodies. LJ Institutes have over 18000 students and 700+ faculties engaged in teaching-learning, research and extension activities and striving to develop students into complete citizens not only having the necessary subject knowledge and skills, but also the empathy towards various environmental, social, cultural and other issues affecting the society.
Feather in the LJK’s Cap: Establishment of LJ University (Lok Jakruti Kendra University)
The track record of the LJ Group of Institutes, its achievements and contribution to the society during the past 37 years has resulted in establishment of the Lok Jagruti Kendra University (LJU) by Gujarat Act No. 19 of 2019.
- Affordability: Affordable higher education of high quality in Gujarat
- Contribution: Contribute in a big way to local industrial need and social development
- Skill Development: Focus on skill development, employability and holistic development
- Social Responsibility: Become a responsible social institution through value creation in the region
- Inclusion: Inclusive education
- Pedagogy: Lab-to-land-to-lab pedagogy
LJU is intended to be University with a difference with the following agenda:
- Skilling local youth as per cutting edge needs of local and global industries
- 1 % of our graduates to be job creators or self employed
- Access to higher education to around 1 lakh youth in next decade
- Benefit to nearby community through community engagement program
- Collaboration with local industries to work on their challenges
- Capacity building of human resources of local MSMEs and large industries
- Attracting global academic communities through international collaborations for syllabus designing, delivery and evaluation.
- Nurturing graduates to be job ready and also make them entrepreneurial